Saturday, June 13, 2009

Meet Ellen -- The Paint (& Everything Else) Muse


It is hard to write anything about Ellen without getting sappy, and she hates that.  This woman changed my life 2 years ago when we re-aquainted ourselves over a spider bite -- her leg, my dog.  Both resulted in necrosis.  Since then, Ellen has become my family and has generously shared hers with mine.  I can't imagine life without Ellen & Co.  We spend holidays and vacations together, share stories and worries, and we laugh a lot.  I can not believe all the happiness Ellen and her family and friends have brought to me and my family.  In this picture, Ellen looks worried because she worries a lot about the people she cares about.  For example, thanks to Ellen's worry, I consented to a colonoscopy (given by Rosemary's friend.  See "The Instigators") when I turned 50.  Not many people could get me to do that.  As a muse, she will inspire you to do all kinds of challenging but good for you (and the house) activities should you join The Painters.  And you will somehow like it, even if you are in a death-defying upside down position so you can paint trim.  Once a cheerleader, Ellen remains a cheerleader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment